Betsafe Horse Racing Manager Michael Robinson squeezed into the top 10 in the Tipster Challenge despite a disappointing race day at Goodwood.
However, the 3.50 points that he collected from a victory for Havana Grey (7/2) was enough to convincingly upstage challenge regular Stephen Harris.
The horse racing guru from bettingexpert failed to pick up any points across the seven races, with just one second place on 5/2F Invincible Army in the 3:00.
Race Winners at Goodwood:
- Cool Sky – 25/1
- Londinium – 9/1
- Havana Grey – 7/2
- Here Comes When – 20/1
- Threading – 12/1
- Billesdon Bess – 7/1
- Truth Or Dare – 6/1
Tipster Challenge 2017 Leaderboard
|1||Sarah Shannon - OneBet||2||10.38|
|2||Stephen Harris - bettingexpert||1.82||8.60|
|3||Edward Rycroft - LeoVegas||3||7.80|
|4||Harry Lang - Pinnacle||4||7.00|
|5||Alexman - OLBG||2||5.10|
|6||Tim Reynolds - Sun Bets||2||5.00|
|7||Steven Mullington - 888sport||2||4.57|
|8||Ben Cleminson - Square in the Air||2||4.50|
|9||Conall McSorley - Metric Gaming||1||4.00|
|10||Michael Robinson - Betsafe||1||3.50|
|11||Charlie McCann - BetVictor||1||2.25|
|12||Alex Donohue - ODDSbible||1||2.00|
|13||Rupert Adams - William Hill||1||0.50|
- bettingexpert and a rotation of guests will be providing expert tips for a specific Wednesday race meet.
- We will keep record of points won each week and the number of race wins for each.
- The guests will compete individually, with their points going up against the average total for bettingexpert.
- The new tips will be published on Wednesday ahead of the race meet, and the results will be available on Thursday.
- For the competition, we will assume that all selections are backed with 1 point.
- Lost tips will count as 0 and won bets will be added to the leaderboard at SP value.
- Each tipster will get a ‘Nap of the Day’ each week which scores double points.
- For example, if bettingexpert’s Stephen Harris backs a winning horse at 8/1, he will get 8 points; if he has put this horse forward as his ‘Nap of the Day’, the reward is 16 points.