OneBet’s Sarah Shannon assumed the lead in the Tipster Challenge after bettingexpert’s average return dropped below 10 points for the first time at Haydock.
Stephen Harris, the horse racing guru from the bettingexpert community, could only manage a single victory on his ‘Nap of the Day’ Dance Diva (13/8), for a total of 3.25.
Meanwhile, Sun Bets PR Manager Tim Reynolds entered in third place after picking up a creditable 5.00 points from wins for Dance Diva and Ottonian in the day’s opening race.
Race Winners at Haydock:
- Ottonian – 7/4
- Dance Diva – 13/8
- Fire Brigade – 4/1
- Addeybb – 100/30
- Merlin – 4/1
- Marmajuke Bay – 16/1
- Uae King – 6/5
Tipster Challenge 2017 Leaderboard
|1||Sarah Shannon - OneBet||2||10.38|
|2||Stephen Harris - bettingexpert||1.83||9.34|
|3||Tim Reynolds - Sun Bets||2||5.00|
|4||Steven Mullington - 888sport||2||4.57|
|5||Charlie McCann - BetVictor||1||2.25|
|6||Alex Donohue - ODDSbible||1||2.00|
|7||Rupert Adams - William Hill||1||0.50|
- bettingexpert and a rotation of guests will be providing expert tips for a specific Wednesday race meet.
- We will keep record of points won each week and the number of race wins for each.
- The guests will compete individually, with their points going up against the average total for bettingexpert.
- The new tips will be published on Wednesday ahead of the race meet, and the results will be available on Thursday.
- For the competition, we will assume that all selections are backed with 1 point.
- Lost tips will count as 0 and won bets will be added to the leaderboard at SP value.
- Each tipster will get a ‘Nap of the Day’ each week which scores double points.
- For example, if bettingexpert’s Stephen Harris backs a winning horse at 8/1, he will get 8 points; if he has put this horse forward as his ‘Nap of the Day’, the reward is 16 points.