Defending champion Sarah Shannon (OneBet) reduced the gap at the top of the Tipster Challenge to just 0.18 points after a victory for her Nap of the Day ‘Gulf Of Poets’ at Hamilton.
Unfortunately for Harris, his own Nap of the Day ‘Amy Blair’ struggled to fourth place in the 3:40, while his 12/1 selection Ted’s Brother only narrowly missed out on victory in the previous race.
Race Winners at Hamilton:
- Miss Bar Beach – 11/8
- Souls In The Wind – 6/4
- Mistiness – 15/8
- Dark Crystal – 15/2
- Gulf Of Poets – 9/2
- Inexes – 3/1
- Kinglami – 4/1
Tipster Challenge 2017 Leaderboard
|2||Sarah Shannon - OneBet||2||10.38|
|3||Steven Mullington - 888sport||2||4.57|
|4||Charlie McCann - BetVictor||1||2.25|
|5||Alex Donohue - ODDSbible||1||2.00|
|6||Rupert Adams - William Hill||1||0.50|
- bettingexpert and a rotation of guests will be providing expert tips for a specific Wednesday race meet.
- We will keep record of points won each week and the number of race wins for each.
- The guests will compete individually, with their points going up against the average total for bettingexpert.
- The new tips will be published on Wednesday ahead of the race meet, and the results will be available on Thursday.
- For the competition, we will assume that all selections are backed with 1 point.
- Lost tips will count as 0 and won bets will be added to the leaderboard at SP value.
- Each tipster will get a ‘Nap of the Day’ each week which scores double points.
- For example, if bettingexpert’s Stephen Harris backs a winning horse at 8/1, he will get 8 points; if he has put this horse forward as his ‘Nap of the Day’, the reward is 16 points.