Stephen Harris, the horse racing guru at bettingexpert, stretched his lead in the Tipster Challenge after a 16/1 victory for Kiwi Bay in the final race of the day at Ayr.
Kiwi Bay came through to deny the 5/2 favourite Stoneboat Bill in a result which typified a disappointing day in Scotland for William Hill PR Manager Rupert Adams.
Adams managed just a single victory on short-price favourite Nezwaah (1/2), who justified his pre-race confidence by easily outrunning the likes of Sophie P and Maleficent Queen.
Race Winners at Ayr:
- Chookie Dunedin – 10/1
- Goninodaethat – 14/1
- Polly Douglas – 3/1
- Royal Brave – 5/1
- Nicholas T – 5/2
- Gworn – 8/1
- Nezwaah – 1/2
- Kiwi Bay – 16/1
Tipster Challenge 2017 Leaderboard
|2||Steven Mullington - 888sport||2||4.57|
|3||Alex Donohue - ODDSbible||1||2.00|
|4||Rupert Adams - William Hill||1||0.50|
- bettingexpert and a rotation of guests will be providing expert tips for a specific Wednesday race meet.
- We will keep record of points won each week and the number of race wins for each.
- The guests will compete individually, with their points going up against the average total for bettingexpert.
- The new tips will be published on Wednesday ahead of the race meet, and the results will be available on Thursday.
- For the competition, we will assume that all selections are backed with 1 point.
- Lost tips will count as 0 and won bets will be added to the leaderboard at SP value.
- Each tipster will get a ‘Nap of the Day’ each week which scores double points.
- For example, if bettingexpert’s Stephen Harris backs a winning horse at 8/1, he will get 8 points; if he has put this horse forward as his ‘Nap of the Day’, the reward is 16 points.