For the second week running, our industry guest found the going tough, with Bookmaker Ratings’ Bradley Gibbs managing just a single 1/5 winner at Fontwell.
Gibbs has taken over from 32Red’s Gerry Murray at the bottom of the Tipster Challenge leaderboard, which has been sponsored by Betting Gods for the 2016/17 jump season.
Stephen Harris, the horse racing guru at bettingexpert, and the experts from Timeform didn’t fare much better at the seven-race meet, with a total of 3.28 points between them.
At 15/8, Lakeshore Lady represented the day’s biggest win for Timeform, while Harris stayed in sixth place after Dingo Dollar (Evens) profited from Red Rising’s late withdrawal to win the opening race.
Race Winners at Fontwell:
- Dingo Dollar – Evens
- Shantou Village – 1/5
- Goodnitesweetheart – 13/2
- Knight ofthe Realm – 10/1
- Gibson Park – 10/1
- Lakeshore Lady – 15/8
- Sunnytahliateigan – 5/1
Tipster Challenge 2016/17 Leaderboard
|1||Sarah Shannon - AppBet||3||13.69|
|2||Alan Alger - Betway||3||11.41|
|3||Jacob Johns - Easyodds||3||7.72|
|4||Phillip Anderson - Before The Off||3||6.17|
|5||Ciaran O'Brien - William Hill||3||5.29|
|7||Ben Cleminson - Square in the Air||1||4.50|
|8||John Hill - Coral||2||4.25|
|9||Alex Donohue - Ladbrokes||2||4.11|
|10||Michael Shinners - Sky Bet||2||4.00|
|11||Stuart Tilly - Argyll Entertainment||1||4.00|
|12||Darren Moore - Betting Gods||2||3.66|
|13||Conor White - BetBright||3||3.62|
|14||Trevor Keane - Sportego||2||3.50|
|15||Harry Lang - Pinnacle||1||3.50|
|16||Matthew Hulmes - Betfred||2||3.25|
|20||Edward Rycroft - LeoVegas||2||1.82|
|21||Charlie McCann - BetVictor||1||1.75|
|22||Stephen Power - @racingblogger||2||1.69|
|23||John Cruces - Dafabet||1||1.25|
|24||Michael Whittle - Team FA||1||0.91|
|25||Ed Nicholson - Unibet||1||0.73|
|26||Gerry Murray - 32Red||1||0.44|
|27||Bradley Gibbs - Bookmaker Ratings||1||0.20|
- bettingexpert, Timeform and a rotation of guests will be providing expert tips for a specific Wednesday race meet.
- We will keep record of points won each week and the number of race wins for each.
- The guests will compete individually, with their points going up against the average totals for bettingexpert and Timeform.
- The new tips will be published on Wednesday ahead of the race meet, and the results will be available on Thursday.
- For the competition, we will assume that all selections are backed with 1 point.
- Lost tips will count as 0 and won bets will be added to the leaderboard at SP value.
- For example, if bettingexpert backs a winning horse at 8/1, they will get 8 points.