Stephen Harris from bettingexpert moved back into the top ten after collecting a huge 15.72 points from four race wins, whilst Jacob Johns enjoyed an ‘easy’ Tipster Challenge debut at Towcester to enter in second place.
The deputy editor at Easyodds picked up short odds victories on Bandon Roc (8/13) and Solighoster (1/10), before matching Harris’ 7/1 win on Snowball in the 4:10 for a total of 7.72 points.
Meanwhile, the experts from Timeform dropped two places to 14th after returning just the 0.72 points from Bandon Roc and Solighoster for a weekly average of 2.94 after 18 weeks of action.
Race Winners at Towcester:
- Bandon Roc – 8/13
- Two Swallows – 11/4
- Buttercup – 8/1
- Solighoster – 1/10
- Snowball – 7/1
- Destined To Shine – 25/1
Tipster Challenge 2016/17 Leaderboard
|1||Alan Alger - Betway||3||11.41|
|2||Jacob Johns - Easyodds||3||7.72|
|3||Phillip Anderson - Before The Off||3||6.17|
|4||Ciaran O'Brien - William Hill||3||5.29|
|5||Ben Cleminson - Square in the Air||1||4.50|
|6||John Hill - Coral||2||4.25|
|7||Alex Donohue - Ladbrokes||2||4.11|
|8||Michael Shinners - Sky Bet||2||4.00|
|9||Stuart Tilly - Argyll Entertainment||1||4.00|
|11||Trevor Keane - Sportego||2||3.50|
|12||Matthew Hulmes - Betfred||2||3.25|
|16||Charlie McCann - BetVictor||1||1.75|
|17||Stephen Power - @racingblogger||2||1.69|
|18||John Cruces - Dafabet||1||1.25|
|19||Michael Whittle - Team FA||1||0.91|
|20||Ed Nicholson - Unibet||1||0.73|
- bettingexpert, Timeform and a rotation of guests will be providing expert tips for a specific Wednesday race meet.
- We will keep record of points won each week and the number of race wins for each.
- The guests will compete individually, with their points going up against the average totals for bettingexpert and Timeform.
- The new tips will be published on Wednesday ahead of the race meet, and the results will be available on Thursday.
- For the competition, we will assume that all selections are backed with 1 point.
- Lost tips will count as 0 and won bets will be added to the leaderboard at SP value.
- For example, if bettingexpert backs a winning horse at 8/1, they will get 8 points.