It was a difficult day for our experts in the Tipster Challenge at Hereford, as only Stephen Harris of bettingexpert collected more than 2.00 points.
He pulled off the longest odds success of the day on Keeper Hill (9/4), to add to his victory in the 1:55 on the favourite, Charmix (5/4). All three correctly predicted a win for the impressive Strong Pursuit (4/9), which turned out to be the sole success for seventh placed Timeform.
Harris improved his weekly average to 2.58 points to consolidate in 10th place, whilst Stephen Power, known on Twitter as the @racingblogger, collected a 1.69-point total to land in 12th place.
Race Winners at Hereford:
- Late Shipment – 5/1
- Verdana Blue – 7/2
- Charmix – 5/4
- Lake Chapala – 6/1
- Keeper Hill – 9/4
- Strong Pursuit – 4/9
- Matchaway – 6/1
Tipster Challenge 2016/17 Leaderboard
|1||Alan Alger - Betway||3||11.41|
|2||Phillip Anderson - Before The Off||3||6.17|
|3||Ciaran O'Brien - William Hill||3||5.29|
|4||John Hill - Coral||2||4.25|
|5||Michael Shinners - Sky Bet||2||4.00|
|6||Stuart Tilly - Argyll Entertainment||1||4.00|
|8||Trevor Keane - Sportego||2||3.50|
|9||Matthew Hulmes - Betfred||2||3.25|
|11||Charlie McCann - BetVictor||1||1.75|
|12||Stephen Power - @racingblogger||2||1.69|
|13||John Cruces - Dafabet||1||1.25|
|14||Michael Whittle - Team FA||1||0.91|
|15||Ed Nicholson - Unibet||1||0.73|
- bettingexpert, Timeform and a rotation of guests will be providing expert tips for a specific Wednesday race meet.
- We will keep record of points won each week and the number of race wins for each.
- The guests will compete individually, with their points going up against the average totals for bettingexpert and Timeform.
- The new tips will be published on Wednesday ahead of the race meet, and the results will be available on Thursday.
- For the competition, we will assume that all selections are backed with 1 point.
- Lost tips will count as 0 and won bets will be added to the leaderboard at SP value.
- For example, if bettingexpert backs a winning horse at 8/1, they will get 8 points.