Timeform collected the second highest weekly total with 9.00 points at Leicester, which took their average to 3.81 points over the first 10 weeks of Tipster Challenge action.
Unfortunately for Timeform, they still dropped a place to seventh behind this week’s guest Stuart Tilly. The CEO from Argyll Entertainment called a 4/1 winner in Gray Day to land in sixth place in the table, behind Michael Shinners from Sky Bet on races won.
Stephen Harris from bettingexpert made a strong start to the day by correctly picking 9/4 joint favourite Ten Sixty in the 1:25. However, he was subsequently let down by the performances of the highly-fancied Caprice D’Anglais and Generous Helpings, and finished with just 2.25 points on the day to take his average to 1.58.
Race Winners at Leicester:
- Foundation Man – 5/4
- Ten Sixty – 9/4
- Unify – 4/1
- Gray Day – 11/2
- Rathealy – 7/2
- Oliver’s Hill – 6/4
Tipster Challenge 2016/17 Leaderboard
|1||Alan Alger - Betway||3||11.41|
|2||Phillip Anderson - Before The Off||3||6.17|
|3||Ciaran O'Brien - William Hill||3||5.29|
|4||John Hill - Coral||2||4.25|
|5||Michael Shinners - Sky Bet||2||4.00|
|6||Stuart Tilly - Argyll Entertainment||1||4.00|
|8||Charlie McCann - BetVictor||1||1.75|
|10||John Cruces - Dafabet||1||1.25|
|11||Michael Whittle - Team FA||1||0.91|
|12||Ed Nicholson - Unibet||1||0.73|
- bettingexpert, Timeform and a rotation of guests will be providing expert tips for a specific Wednesday race meet.
- We will keep record of points won each week and the number of race wins for each.
- The guests will compete individually, with their points going up against the average totals for bettingexpert and Timeform.
- The new tips will be published on Wednesday ahead of the race meet, and the results will be available on Thursday.
- For the competition, we will assume that all selections are backed with 1 point.
- Lost tips will count as 0 and won bets will be added to the leaderboard at SP value.
- For example, if bettingexpert backs a winning horse at 8/1, they will get 8 points.