Stephen Harris, the Horse Racing Guru at bettingexpert, found some form in the Tipster Challenge at Wetherby with three race wins and a total of 6.25 points.
On a day where our regular tipsters hit back, Timeform also managed 5.50 points from Kalaniti, Coeur de Lion and Petticoat Tails, the sole success story of the day for Charlie McCann.
As Head of Communications for BetVictor, McCann will be slightly disappointed with his 1.75-point return at Wetherby, although he did manage a hat-trick of second places.
Race Winners at Wetherby:
- Craggaknock – 3/1
- Kalaniti – 6/4
- Actinpieces – 3/1
- Coeur de Lion – 9/4
- Aye Well – 3/1
- Cooking Fat – 13/2
- Petticoat Tails – 7/4
Tipster Challenge 2016/17 Leaderboard
|1||Alan Alger - Betway||3||11.41|
|2||Phillip Anderson - Before The Off||3||6.17|
|3||Ciaran O'Brien - William Hill||3||5.29|
|4||John Hill - Coral||2||4.25|
|5||Michael Shinners - Sky Bet||2||4.00|
|7||Charlie McCann - BetVictor||1||1.75|
|9||John Cruces - Dafabet||1||1.25|
|10||Ed Nicholson - Unibet||1||0.73|
- bettingexpert, Timeform and a rotation of guests will be providing expert tips for a specific Wednesday race meet.
- We will keep record of points won each week and the number of race wins for each.
- The guests will compete individually, with their points going up against the average totals for bettingexpert and Timeform.
- The new tips will be published on Wednesday ahead of the race meet, and the results will be available on Thursday.
- For the purpose of the competition, we will assume that all selections are backed with 1 point.
- Lost tips will count as 0 and won bets will be added to the leaderboard at SP value.
- For example, if bettingexpert backs a winning horse at 8/1, they will get 8 points.