Alan Alger, PR Manager at Betway, has laid down a marker in the Tipster Challenge for 2016/17, after picking an 8/1 winner (Bold Image) on his way to 11.41 points at Fontwell.
Alger also claimed victories on the 5/2 Fergal Mael Duin and odds-on favourite As De Mee (10/11), the sole success story of the day for third placed Timeform.
Meanwhile, it was a blank day for Stephen Harris, Horse Racing Guru at bettingexpert, who slipped to fourth place on the leaderboard with a weekly points average of 1.33.
Race Winners at Fontwell:
- Movewiththetimes – 6/4
- Fergal Mael Duin – 5/2
- Parish Business – 14/1
- As De Mee – 10/11
- Looksnowtlikebrian – 3/1
- Dont Tell Val – 20/1
- Bold Image – 8/1
Tipster Challenge 2016/17 Leaderboard
|1||Alan Alger - Betway||3||11.41|
|2||Michael Shinners - Sky Bet||2||4.00|
|5||Ed Nicholson - Unibet||1||0.73|
- bettingexpert, Timeform and a rotation of guests will be providing expert tips for a specific Wednesday race meet.
- We will keep record of points won each week and the number of race wins for each.
- The guests will compete individually, with their points going up against the average totals for bettingexpert and Timeform.
- The new tips will be published on Wednesday ahead of the race meet, and the results will be available on Thursday.
- For the purpose of the competition, we will assume that all selections are backed with 1 point.
- Lost tips will count as 0 and won bets will be added to the leaderboard at SP value.
- For example, if bettingexpert backs a winning horse at 8/1, they will get 8 points.