Michael Shinners, Racing PR Manager at Sky Bet, came in straight at the top of the Tipster Challenge leaderboard, after collecting two race wins and 4.00 points at Wetherby.
All three of our experts picked out the even money favourite Ballybolley, whilst Shinners was able to achieve back to back success on the 3/1 Sharp Response in the following race.
Timeform slipped to second place after taking their average scores after two weeks to 1.5 race wins and 2.62 points. Stephen Harris, Horse Racing Guru at bettingexpert, now lies in third place with 4.00 points from two race meets.
Race Winners at Wetherby:
- Canford Thompson – 20/1
- Ballybolley – Evens
- Sharp Response – 3/1
- Lord Wishes – 7/1
- Nautical Nitwit – 7/2
- Owen Na View – 9/2
- Jacks Last Hope – 6/1
Tipster Challenge 2016/17 Leaderboard
|1||Michael Shinners - Sky Bet||2||4.00|
|4||Ed Nicholson - Unibet||1||0.73|
- bettingexpert, Timeform and a rotation of guests will be providing expert tips for a specific Wednesday race meet.
- We will keep record of points won each week and the number of race wins for each.
- The guests will compete individually, with their points going up against the average totals for bettingexpert and Timeform.
- The new tips will be published on Wednesday ahead of the race meet, and the results will be available on Thursday.
- For the purpose of the competition, we will assume that all selections are backed with 1 point.
- Lost tips will count as 0 and won bets will be added to the leaderboard at SP value.
- For example, if bettingexpert backs a winning horse at 8/1, they will get 8 points.