Timeform assumed the early lead in the Tipster Challenge 2016/17, after picking up two victories on Templehills (8/11) and Nordic Nymph (7/2) at Ludlow races.
There was just a single win for both Stephen Harris of bettingexpert, and Ed Nicholson, the Head of UK Marketing Operations at Unibet. Nicholson has been with Unibet since December 2012, and professionally involved in racing and betting for nearly 25 years.
From this week until March 2017, we will be focusing on jump race meets. The leaderboard is sorted according to both total points won and number of races won. Each Guest will be shown individually, with totals from Stephen Harris of bettingexpert and Timeform shown as a weekly average.
Race Winners at Ludlow:
- Fool To Cry – 3/1
- Templehills – 8/11
- Heist – 7/1
- Nordic Nymph – 7/2
- Master Dee – 15/8
- Bobble Emerald – 17/2
- Mistress Massini – 4/1
Tipster Challenge 2016/17 Leaderboard
|3||Ed Nicholson - Unibet||1||0.73|
- bettingexpert, Timeform and a rotation of guests will be providing expert tips for a specific Wednesday race meet.
- We will keep record of points won each week and the number of race wins for each.
- The guests will compete individually, with their points going up against the average totals for bettingexpert and Timeform.
- The new tips will be published on Wednesday ahead of the race meet, and the results will be available on Thursday.
- For the purpose of the competition, we will assume that all selections are backed with 1 point.
- Lost tips will count as 0 and won bets will be added to the leaderboard at SP value.
- For example, if bettingexpert backs a winning horse at 8/1, they will get 8 points.