After 36 weeks of hard-fought Tipster Challenge action, it was the Guest team that took the title for the 2016 flat season. 888sport contributor Steve Mullington managed just 4.00 points from Pettochside, but that was enough for an overall 16.30-point victory.
On the day at Salisbury, Timeform picked the longest odds winner with Glorious Legend (7/1). Meanwhile, Stephen Harris, Horse Racing Guru at bettingexpert, had to settle for second place despite a 6.50-point return from Bellajeu (13/2).
On Wednesday 5th October, we will be launching a revamped Tipster Challenge for the 2016/17 jump season. The leaderboard will be sorted according to total points won and number of races won. Each Guest will be shown individually, with totals from bettingexpert and Timeform shown as a weekly average.
Race Winners at Salisbury:
- Make Time – 3/1
- Mucho Applause – 7/1
- Smokey Lane – 3/1
- Pettochside – 4/1
- Storm Rock – 8/1
- Bellajeu – 13/2
- Glorious Legend – 7/1
Tipster Challenge 2016 Final Leaderboard:
- We will be taking on bettingexpert, Timeform and a rotation of guests, with the focus on a specific Wednesday race meet.
- Throughout the year we will keep record of points won each week, points won on average and points won overall for each.
- The guest tipsters will compete as one team, with their points added together as one leaderboard entry.
- The new tips will be published on Wednesday ahead of the race meet, and the results will be available on Thursday.
- For the purpose of the competition, we will assume that all selections are backed with 1 point.
- Lost tips will count as 0 and won bets will be added to the leaderboard at SP value.
- For example, if bettingexpert backs a winning horse at 8/1, they will get 8 points.