It was a good week for the bottom half of the Tipster Challenge table at Chester, as Timeform landed 4 winners for a total of 8.33 points, and Stephen Harris of bettingexpert picked the longest odds winner of the day in No Heretic (11/1).
Despite that long odds success, SBC News were able to move further clear at the top, as 21bet could only return the 1 winner with Mulk (30/100). Sarah Shannon, a sports writer for the company, was unlucky on several occasions throughout the day, and 0.30 points was a harsh return from 5/7 top 3 finishes.
Meanwhile, SBC were successful with 3 horses, but Red Verdon was the only one of those to go off at better than Evens. See below for the full list of race winners at Chester, and the latest Tipster Challenge table after 16 weeks of racing action!
Race Winners at Chester:
- Copper Knight – 11/4
- Somehow – 8/15
- No Heretic – 11/1
- Kimberella – 5/1
- Sir Maximilian – 5/2
- Mulk – 30/100
- Red Verdon – 5/2
Tipster Challenge Week 16 Leaderboard:
- We will be taking on bettingexpert, Timeform and a rotation of guests, with the focus on a specific Wednesday race meet.
- Throughout the year we will keep record of points won each week, points won on average and points won overall for each.
- The guest tipsters will compete as one team, with their points added together as one leaderboard entry.
- The new tips will be published on Wednesday ahead of the race meet, and the results will be available on Thursday.
- For the purpose of the competition, we will assume that all selections are backed with 1 point.
- Lost tips will count as 0 and won bets will be added to the leaderboard at SP value.
- For example, if bettingexpert backs a winning horse at 8/1, they will get 8 points.