Tag Archives: Sweden

Svenska Spel expands board with Andersson & Olson appointments

Swedish state-owned gambling operator Svenska Spel, has moved to expand its board to ten members, by confirming the appointments of Eivor Andersson and Carina Olson to its corporate governance. The operator confirms the board appointments following its annual general meeting held on 20 September. The Svenska Spel board gains Eivor Andersson a leisure industry expert, who currently serves as Chief …

Read More »

Anders Ström executes share sale through Veralda Investment

Anders Ström the founder and current Chairman of the Board of Unibet Group Plc (Unibet) has sold 1,493,800 shares in the Stockholm-listed European online betting operator. Issuing a market update, Unibet governance confirmed that Ström had executed the share sale through Veralda Investment Ltd on the 31 of August. Following the transaction, Veralda Investment owns 10,266,200 shares in Unibet, corresponding to approximately …

Read More »

Period of high commercial activity sees Yggdrasil post strong H1 2016

Stockholm-listed Cherry AB online games developer Yggdrasil Gaming (Yggdrasil) has reported a continued strong momentum for its H1 2016 performance, as the company secured eight new licence agreements during the first half of the year. Updating the market, Yggdrasil would declare a 661% increase in corporate revenues to SEK 34.1 million (£3 million). Driven by increased player activity on its gaming …

Read More »

Kambi declares strong H1 driven by client growth

Stockholm Nasdaq-listed online sports betting solutions provider Kambi has closed a successful first half to 2016, stating that its corporate performance has been driven by ‘exceptional operator turnover growth’. Presenting its Q2 2016 interim results (unaudited period ending 30 June), Kambi would declare group revenues of €13.7 million (up 28% on Q2 2015: €10.7 million). Its uplift in revenues would …

Read More »

Svenska Spel maintains financial performance despite tough market conditions

The governance of Swedish state-owned gambling operator Svenska Spel has stated that it is pleased with 2016 corporate performance thus far, as the company maintained its financial performance despite facing ‘tough market competition’. Presenting its H1 2016 results (period ending 30 June), Svenska Spel would reveal net gaming revenues of SEK 4.4 billion (£385 million), in-line with 2015 performance. The …

Read More »

Strengthened commercial pipeline helps NetEnt deliver 43% H1 2016 profit boost

Governance of Stockholm-listed NetEnt AB (NetEnt) are positive of meeting all 2016 corporate expectations, following the closure of a successful Q2 2016, in-which the company published operating profits of SEK 122 million (£11 million), up 32% on Q2 2015’s SEK 92 million. Boosted by securing twelve new customer agreements during the period, NetEnt saw its Q2 corporate revenues reach SEK …

Read More »

Cherry AB secures €50 million bond for ComeOn investment

European igaming operator Cherry AB  has confirmed that it has decided to issue a four-year senior secured bond in the amount of €50 million, with maturity on July 11, 2020. The net proceeds will be used to partly finance the acquisition of 49% of the shares in ComeOn Malta Ltd (tranche one) with an option to acquire the remaining 51 % …

Read More »

Sportsbook trading & currency impacts see Betsson AB issue Q2 profit warning

Issuing a preliminary Q2 2016 trading update Stockholm-listed online betting operator Betsson AB has detailed that its corporate performance has been impacted by lower sportsbook revenues and continued exchange rate fluctuations. Updating investors ahead of its full Q2 2016 performance breakdown, Betsson governance detailed that it expected to post group revenues between SEK 920–945 million, with the company targeting a …

Read More »

Play’n GO acquires Romanian gaming licence

Play’n GO has announced that its been awarded a class two licence from the Romanian National Gambling Office. It now hosts over 80 games on the sites of more than 100 operators, in 32 languages. The Swedish supplier will now be able to supply its premium content to all online channels for gaming operators in the country’s recently regulated market. …

Read More »

Betway’s eSports Fight Night returns on 23 June

Two of the world’s top eSports teams will go head-to-head in a ‘Best of Three’ DOTA challenge, as part of Betway’s eSports Fight Night on 23rd June. Alliance and Na’Vi will compete for a €5,000 prize to be donated to a charity of the winning team’s choice. Betway, who became the first firm to launch a dedicated eSports portal in …

Read More »