Session: BetMarkets – Panel Session
Mixed industry and fantasy sports panel discuss the impact of in-play odds and data on products and customer engagement. Panel discusses automation, data feeds, increasing volume/liquidity and future market opportunities
- Seth Young – COO Fantasy Sports Leagues
- Jake List – Founder of LevBet
- Andrew Patterson – Chief Operating Office Metric Gaming
SBC Session Notes
- Andrew Patterson states that in-play is becoming dominant betting mechanic in all markets with 75% of all sports bets wagered in-play. All components of betting’s value chain have shifted focus towards in-play and creating automated systems. However Patterson states that operators have to be cautious in the offerings as mistakes can happen, citing a Portuguese amateur football match where odds were held by mistake of the data provider.
- Jake List believes that betting operators and developers have to look to cultivate new audiences by creating in-play markets for niche / non-sport sectors such as business, politics and entertainment. The industry would benefit from creating these markets by bringing in ‘much needed’ new blood
- Seth Young predicts that Fantasy Sports will come to European markets after incredible success in the US. Young stated that the format will likely not match current US fantasy sports products models. With the US fantasy sports markets likely to quickly saturate it is only a matter of time till fantasy operators look to grow in new markets.