As Sweden’s re-regulated online gambling marketplace completes its first full-year in operations, independent online gambling trade association Spelbranschens Riksorganisation (SPER) has launched its inaugural ‘Swedish Gambling Leadership Awards’.
SPER details that it seeks to promote and reward industry leaders who have promoted social responsibility, corporate sustainability and fair play interactions during a crucial period for all Swedish gambling incumbents.
Swedish stakeholders will be able to submit individual nominations from 26 November to 9 February, with SPER scheduled to announce its winners on 26 March.
All award nominations will be judged by an independent panel formed by
- Chairman Thomas Nilsson, psychologist and founder of Sustainable Interaction
- Ann-Sofie Olsson, Management Consultant, Inter Pares
- Hanna Riber Dahl, President, Swedish Advertisers
- Magnus Berglund, CEO Kinglet
- Maria Kausits, analyst and partner SB Insight
- Mats Georgson, CEO, Georgson & Co.
- Pia Grahn, Managing Director Research & Strategy
SPER President Jenny Nilzon acknowledged that it has been a tough year for Swedish operators adjusting to the new regulatory demands. Nevertheless, representing the industry SPER underlines the importance of highlighting the industry’s ‘role models’ and social achievements,
“Our industry still has a lot to prove,” she said. “The overall confidence may be low, and there is a perception that the industry does not take its responsibility seriously, which is not quite right. There is a lot of work to be done in creating a more positive image that we want to display at the Swedish Gambling Leadership Awards.”