JOB TYPE: Full Time
Hands-on software development in the SIS development team.
- To work on the development of products to grow and expand the SIS business, specifically sports data related system and applications.
- To apply design, coding standards, change and version control, documentation and testing standards as appropriate.
- Build, design, test and deployment of new products.
- To work on code maintenance and upgrades and tests for existing SIS systems
- To champion design, coding standards, change and version control, documentation and testing standards as appropriate.
- To work on maintenance and upgrades to existing systems.
- To develop and extend the SIS Java build and deploy framework.
- To own a subsystem or component within the project and be responsible for design, implementation, testing, documentation and knowledge sharing with others in the project team.
- To assist SIS support staff and internal/external customers as required.
- Ownership of releases supported by the team.
- Accountability and responsibility for design, implementation, testing, documentation and knowledge sharing.
Essential Technical Experience:
·Strong XML (including XPath, XSLT, RelaxNG, XML-Schema, SAX, DOM)
·Strong Maven administration
·HTTP (Tomcat and servlets)
·Red Hat Linux (main o/s used)
Competencies and Experience:
·Problem solving and analysis
-Understands a situation by breaking it apart in to smaller pieces. Analyses all the facts/data and options available before making a decision. Identifies cause of problems through investigation of the symptoms and identifies effective solutions
·Planning and organising
-Structuring activities in order to maximise effectiveness of one’s time. Prioritising, schedules tasks and stays focused.
-The ability to effectively communicate an idea(s) or details of events in a way which enhances relations in the work environment. Listens effectively to and understands verbal and non verbal signals in groups and one to one meetings. Present one’s thoughts in an effective manner in writing.
·Strong problem solving and technical appreciation skills
·Ability to work under pressure and identify priority tasks
·Self motivated and ability to work largely unsupervised
·Good Team Player
·Strong communication skills
·Experience of full software life cycle
·High calibre graduate in scientific discipline (ideally computer science, software engineering or similar)
Find out more here – http://jobs.sbcnews.co.uk/jobs/21459-java-developer-at-sis