Updating the market, Kindred Group (former Unibet Group Plc) has confirmed that it has become the first industry operator to meet all requirements of the European Union standards and policy mandate; ‘Recommendation on Consumer Protection’ (2014).
Completing an official audit, Kindered Group assets successfully passed an official review benchmarked against EU standards and best practices focused on ongoing consumer protections and responsible gambling initiatives.
The EU Recommendation is the first objective standard for industry best practices across the European Single Digital Market and was adopted as part of the 2012 EU Action Plan on Online Gambling.
Kindered governance informed that its independent audit had been conducted by industry consumer and fair practices agency eCOGRA. The review would see Kindered Operations judged on the following core criteria;
- Transparent information and communications on the nature of gambling
- Commercial communication (advertising and sponsorship) should be carried out in a responsible and transparent manner
- Verification process for the age and identity of players
- Measures to prevent minors from gambling, including strict minimum age requirements
- Responsible gaming tools to keep gambling under control and prevent problems, such as deposit limits, information, customer support and self-exclusions
- Provision of training to employees, notably on problem gambling issues
Commenting on the accreditation, Kindred Group CEO, Henrik Tjärnström, stated “Kindred Group continues to raise the bar for responsible gambling and customer trust. The successful completion of this independent audit once again demonstrates that we have the right practices, technology and people in place to provide a safe and secure experience for our customers”.